What a week! Okay!
Friday afternoon I went into the doctor again to check on my ingrown toenail and he looked at it and said he was going to cut it out. So they gave me some local anesthetic and just went hard on my toenail. I only have half a toenail and he dug out a lot of old infected skin. haha.
While I was in the flat on Saturday, and I had another missionary, Elder Hogan Walker from Pleasant Grove, and as we were talking he told me about what he did before a mission. He decided to go to a year of college before he put in his papers. He went to Dixie State, but the cool thing is he wasn't homesick at the beginning of serving a mission! He said that people were always trying to encourage him not to get too down or homesick, but he was never homesick in the first place! Then I had a brilliant thought come to mind, if Jake and Hyrum went to a year of school before submitting their papers, they wouldn't be so homesick.
So yeah, I had toe surgery.
We had leadership conference Wednesday, and President Lekias pulled me aside and corrected me for something I did in the zone that was out of alignment. It was a good lesson learned, and I'm sure I'll be corrected again in the future. Whoo! It was pretty intense.
Tuesday I went on a companion exchange with a new missionary who had been out for 5 days. He was fresh from TONGA! His name is Elder Mafi, and I love him. He's a humble missionary, and his English is pretty good, but he's just a good tongan. I wish I was tongan. At the end of the day he told me this, "Elder Tibbitts, every door we knocked on I was praying in my heart to Heavenly Father that one person would listen to our message, just one." I was humbled by his faith. This is just how Tongans are. His faith made me want to be a better missionary.
The Bishop of this ward sends his love to you. He's a great man. His name is Bishop Leota, from Tonga. One of my favorite people on the earth. He's your age, mom and dad.
Here is a picture of the chapel we are in.
Elder Fraser
The sky tower we often drive past
and that I see on a daily basis.
Elder Tibbitts' new flat...
(I wonder if he realizes how sweet of an oven that is.
...I wonder if he uses it!)
Looks like we will be praying for a toe. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment