Sunday, September 22, 2013

Elder Tibbitts sent a LOT of flower pictures this week.  They are beauties for sure!  But the best picture he sent was this one....



The smolder

Surgery is still scheduled for tomorrow.  He said if things go bad, he would get to call us.  Thanks to all who are praying for our little man!!!  

He seems pretty positive and upbeat about the surgery.  
Sister Lekias (Pres. Lekias' wife) said she would call tomorrow and let us know how things went.  
We have put our trust in Heavenly Father and know that Elder Tibbitts is in excellent care.  

Here are the NZ beauties!!!  
(county fair blue ribbon material, don't ya think?)









I asked Elder Tibbitts if there was anything he would like posted on this blog and this is what he sent back....

"...get as many possible individuals on missions as possible. And if you don't feel like that applies to you, then have as many kids as possible. And if that doesn't apply to you, find someone who is having a hard time, and help them out. And if you feel like that doesn't apply to you, then become better friends with your family members. 

Above all, learn about the Plan of Salvation. The doctrine of the Plan of Salvation understood will lead individuals to fulfill the above mentioned behaviors and activities more than anything else will. I can leave a promise with everyone who reads this, by the authority of my call as a missionary and the priesthood which I hold, that if we will take time to study out the depth and width of the Plan of Salvation, in its simplicity and complexity, as found in the holy scriptures and writings of the prophets, that the deep questions of our hearts will be answered, and all aspects of our life will be improved. 

All doubts and confusion will be laid to rest, and relationships will be healed, and all things will be revealed, until all of us will be able to say, in unison with the prophets of old, "Oh how great the goodness of our God, how great the plan of our God ! (2 Nephi 9:10;13)"


THE ZONE
(Elder Tibbits is on the front row, 4th one from the right side)



As I was praying and asking Heavnly Father for help this week to be calm about Elder Tibbitts, I found an awesome story from Pres. Snow....

Lorenzo Snow showed his confidence in God’s assisting power when he journeyed to serve a mission in England in 1840. On the 42-day voyage across the Atlantic Ocean, he and his fellow travelers suffered through three large storms. He later reported that these were “terrible storms—storms which those accustomed to the ocean pronounced very dangerous.” 

He noticed a difference between his response to the storms and the response of some of the other travelers: “In a number of instances, to say the least of it, the scene was fearfully terrific. I did not feel surprised that men, women and children who had not learned to trust in God, wrung their hands in an agony of fear, and wept. 

My trust was in Him who created the seas and defined their bounds. I was on His errand—I knew that I was sent on this mission by the authority He recognizes, and, although the elements raged and the ship swayed and trembled amid the heaving billows, He was at the helm, and my life was safe in His keeping.” 

Isn't that total awesomeness?   In fact, it is so awesome I applied his words to my life....

"My trust is in Him who created my son's body and defined its bounds.  My son is on His errand---I know that he was sent on this mission by the authority He recognizes, and although the "elements rage and the ship sways and trembles amid the heaving billows", He is at the helm, and my son's life is safe in His keeping." 


No comments:

Post a Comment