Sunday, September 1, 2013

 New Companion!!! 


"Hey everybody,  my new companion's name is Elder Cray from Melbourne, Austrailia. He is 21 years old and about as fresh as they come. (I'm about as fresh as they come). This past week has been one of the hardest weeks I've had while serving a mission. I didn't realize how good of friends Elder Tascon and I have become. I really miss him, but it's all good. 

I've had similar feelings this past week that I had just a short six weeks previous.  When I see Elder Cray struggling at times, and feeling homesick, and just having a hard time, it reminds me of how I felt and I have been struggling to re-overcome those feelings. I think this week is the hardest so far. Previously I could depend on Elder Tascon to lead me where to go and what rules to follow. Now he's gone and I still don't know the area too well and don't know the ins and outs, and I have a companion who assumes that I do. I have felt pretty lonely, but it is never unbearable.  I'm definitely learning more though."



"My sweet desk I got when Elder Tascon moved out, and I upgraded." 



Elder Tascon's new hair-do on their last P-day together 



Changes to the flat!  
Elder Tibbitts found a lovely floral bedspread 
in the back of another Elder's closet.  So, he grabbed it.  
It's now the newest accessory in the flat. 





If the trees do not get pruned in NZ they start to die from the bottom up






Double Rugby field park in Elder Tibbitts' area



"This is the car that I got to drive for three days before transfers.  It's is a 2010 Toyota Yaris, and it's the oldest car in the mission. All the zone leaders and most of the District Leaders drive 2012 (minimum) Toyota Carollas."


"An awesome book Elder shumway gave me right before he went home. It's $250 and it is an intensive course in Tongan." 



 "This is the family of our ward mission leader....
they are awesome!!"


"The double baptism we had on Thursday"


"Two kids who love to wear their glasses when they are with me."


How we dry our clothes, well how everyone dries their clothes in our area. 
Dryers are few and far between in our area. 






Maori Hymn

E Te Ariki
Whakarongo mai ra kia matou
E Te Ariki
Titiro mai ra kia matou

Te Matua o tamariki
E whakapono ana matou kia Koe
Aue Aue
Te Matua Te Tamati Wairua Tapu E

Lord
listen to us
Lord
watch over us

Father of us children
we believe in You
Indeed
The Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment