A Maori girl got baptized this week. She's really a sweetheart. She's 14 years old, and had a great desire to be baptized. There is something special about the Maori people! They've got some spiritual gift that us Gentiles don't have!
This week I came across a scripture in Mosiah 18:26 that says, "And the priests were not to dependent upon the people for their support; but for their labor they were to receive the grace of God, that they might wax strong in the Spirit, having the knowledge of God, that they might teach with power and authority from God". The word grace reminded me of when Elder Bednar said whenever he reads the word grace in the scriptures, he replaces it with "enabling power". So the priests received enabling power for their service. So because of their selfless service, the priests were able to access the enabling power of the Atonement! And we can do the same!
Yesterday a couple of recent converts called Elder Brown and I over and gave us greenstones! Our own personal greenstones! The one they gave me is called a patu, and it's used by a chief (yes Anna, a chief). It's cut out of a stone meaning "sight" or "vision". It's pretty cool.
We had MLC this week and President talked about how important it is to welcome a new mission President in. President Ballie will be in the mission as of June 29th. That's not too far off!
The mission is the absolute greatest thing I've ever done!
This week I've had a few AWESOME spiritual experiences. There was man who was baptized a month ago who has fallen back into smoking and drinking addictions, and last night he was praying for help. He said that he was praying for "Jesus himself to come down and minister to me. To sit right in front of me and help me". An hour after finishing his prayer, we knocked on his door and was able to teach doctrinal truths that would help him.
Elder Tascon and I went on a trade off this week, (which means we were companions for a day) and it was the BEST DAY EVER! we have become best buds. He's changed a lot. We rode bikes together in our area, and it was just like old times. It was one of the funnest days I've had on the mission. I love him.
At MLC this week I got to see President Lekias teach with power. He's awesome. He does a fantastic job of involving the Savior in everything. Everything points back to Him
Last Monday night I was with Masiu and it was dark, and we were running out of people to visit, and so we visited a less active mother with 5 active kids. They don't have a dad at home, and so none of them have had priesthood blessings for a long time. We gave all of them blessings. The oldest kid was 12, and the youngest 2. It was awesome.
I rode bikes for two days this week, something I haven't done in SIX MONTHS! I was sore. I love being on a bike. It's harder work, and more rewarding.
See you next week! Call you then!!
Love ya!
No comments:
Post a Comment