Sunday, June 29, 2014

June 22
Hey Family, 
Yesterday President and Sister Lekias came to the Whangarei Zone to say their final goodbyes and give a final training before they leave this Sunday. (Hence we're emailing today, yesterday was just a normal day). 

Trek next year!! How awesome! 

So, my new companion is Elder Larson from Sacramento, California. Whoo!! He's 20 years old, and has been serving for nearly 18 months. He's never been a zone leader, so I'm training him as a zone leader. He just finished serving for 7 months in the Cook Islands (ultimate jealousy), and he's awesome, and he's ripped (Anna). Just kidding. He's 5'7" and 140 lbs. But he's got some muscles on him. He's served all around New Zealand, in Auckland, Kaikohe, and the Cook Islands!  Elder Larson also has a frisbee, so we are thinking of playing ultimate frisbee today for the first time in like a year. Eagerness is an understatement. Elder Larson is just a good ol' Mormon boy. 

President Balli touches down in 5 days!

The three days I was without a companion I was with Elder Walker and Elder Brodie, and Elder Walker is hilarious. He's from Pleasant Grove, but went to dixie state for a year before his mission. He's got a really "Brian Regan" sense of humor. He's the missionary who stayed with me while I had the toe surgery in Panmure. The one who wasn't homesick because he went to a year of college before coming out. That's the one.

Mohi Hoane got baptized last week, which was cool.  Our Bishop was really helpful throughout the whole process. Bishop Preston! 




I threw up this week, and my glasses got ran over by a car. they're broken now. it's been a rough week. hahaha!! 










No comments:

Post a Comment