Hey Family !
President Balli has officially landed! I haven't met him, and I haven't spoken with him, but he arrived last night around 6. We call President every monday to account for the zone, but his phone was off. He's probably catching up on some sleep. But we're going down to Auckland tonight, and we'll have a meeting with him and Sister Balli all day tomorrow. Exciting!!
And really funny with everyone holding the camel. ha. ha. ha. Looks like I'll be asking for an extension. of 8 years. You can take another picture in 4 years when I reach the true hump day. (only kidding. obviously. I'd be like 30 by that time)
This week we had a lot of success finding investigators through the members. Because everyone in Whangaruru knows everyone, and all the nonmembers have been taught at some point by missionaries, or their parents are less active, or something. So, we have started asking members of the church who has been taught by missionaries in the past, and then we go visit those families and ask them why the stopped meeting with missionaries, and if they have ever been invited to join the church. If they haven't been invited, we invite them. If they have been invited in the past, we usually invite them again anyways. So far it's working out alright, someone has agreed to be baptized at the end of July.
There are certain areas in our area where we have to walk on the sandy beach to get to homes. We don't go very often because there aren't a whole lot of people, but we do go. And when we go, we make it count. haha. There are a ton of really cool shells that wash up on the beach, and I snagged a pretty sweet purple one.
There are certain areas in our area where we have to walk on the sandy beach to get to homes. We don't go very often because there aren't a whole lot of people, but we do go. And when we go, we make it count. haha. There are a ton of really cool shells that wash up on the beach, and I snagged a pretty sweet purple one.
And good old efy! Chee-whoo! I bet davey would make one heck of an efy counselor. Haha!
And Jedd comes to NZ in like a day! I sent a letter to him already, and I'll try to send a few more off.
Really excited to meet President Balli!
Thanks for everything mom, tell dad I love him. Keep up the good work! I'm finding greater joy here than I ever have in my life. Thanks heaps! Thanks for all you sacrifices!!














No comments:
Post a Comment