Kia ora Whanau! I hope your doing sweet! No email from Anna this week. First week ever. I hope your cut to the heart with guilt and remorse. We had a pretty sweet week. I love hoki poki ice cream.
Sorry I spent like and hour and ten minutes writing an email to Dad, and so I don't have too much time to email you.
(excerpt from a portion of the email to his Dad...)
"Here's some blessings I have felt from real faith, developed from sincere, Christlike humility:
(Bible Dictionary under Faith)
"The effects of true faith in Jesus Christ include (1) an actual knowledge that the course of life one is pursuing is acceptable to the Lord; (2) a reception of the blessings of the Lord that are available to man in this life; and (3) an assurance of personal salvation in the world to come."
It's true! "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding!"
President Balli has said that there is a "methodology" to developing Christlike attributes found in Preach My Gospel on page 122 under the heading "Developing Christlike Attributes". It is a pattern to help us "become", or develop a needed attribute. (By the way, Elder Maxwell was the one in charge of writing Chapter 6 of Preach My Gospel. Awesome!) I'm trying to follow the pattern to help me develop humility. I'm also using page 124 in Preach My Gospel under the 4th bullet point of the Personal Study section.
Just like the people in Helaman 3:35, I know we can all wax stronger and stronger in our humility, and firmer and firmer in the faith of Christ, and our souls can be filled with joy and consultation, and we can be purified and sanctified. There will be no end the the joy of developing stronger and stronger humility, and firmer and firmer faith in Christ.
Anyways, these are some learnings that I have been having, and thought I should share them with you. I love you heaps, Dad. Thank you for your example. I have looked to you consistently throughout my life as one who will lead me in the right direction. You have!"
Hey! I love you so much! and I look forward to hearing from you next week! Send my love to everyone else!
No comments:
Post a Comment