Sunday, March 22, 2015

February 22nd 2015

Hey everyone!
So this week we had mission tour with Elder Nielsen, and it was awesome. Elder Smith and I got to spend all three days with him and President and Sister Balli. There is such a powerful spirit that they carry with them! Seriously, one of the best experiences I have EVER had was spending all three days with them! Elder Smith and I took turns conducting the tours each day. By the end of the third day, I felt like asking Elder Nielsen to take us with him!

So get this, after the third and final day of mission tour, Elder Nielsen wanted to do a debriefing about the mission tour OVER DINNER! So they took us to a pretty fancy restaurant in Takapuna (it probably wasn't that fancy, but it sure felt like it for two missionaries haha) and just talked to us about the mission and about things we can continue to do. IT WAS SO COOL. I was just begging inside that we'd be able to spend the entire night with them. We ended up spending close to 2 hours over dinner with them. About 40 minutes into our conversation, Sister Nielsen (who is an absolute angel) asked Elder Smith if I had any questions, and I asked them, "How did you two get to where you are today? You've done so well, how did you do it?" And then for the next hour or so, they explained to us how they made it through college at BYU, and the NFL in Houston, and their family, and their marriage, and everything about them! And it was AMAZING!! They just worked, and scrimped, and saved, and struggled, and fought, and just committed to the gospel at all costs. I loved being able to spend time with him. And, the Pacific Area Presidency attends our ward on Sundays when they aren't on other assignments, which is pretty darn cool. They're good men, and they just go get it. It's cool to see them work. 

We usually have dinner twice a month with a senior couple serving in the mission, and recently it has been Elder and Sister Fugal, Elder Smith's literal uncle and aunt. They are also fantastic. So funny, and so kind. 

Things are going so great here! The work is rolling on! 

Tomorrow we have a mission conference with Elder Bednar, and Jedd with be there! Elder Smith and I wont be too involved with the actual conference, which is okay with me! It'll be super cool to just be there and see him teach and instruct. 

Keep up the good work, and I love you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment