Sunday, March 22, 2015

March 8th 2015

Hey family!

Great week this week, it was super awesome. We had MLC this week, which is always cool, and President is a great leader and a fantastic teacher, and our meeting are wonderful. We're going over to dinner with President tonight, I think they're having a whole district in the zone bring an investigator for a family home evening. It should be really fun!

Since Elder Bednar came, as a mission, we have focused a lot on agency. As we have focused on agency, it has really struck home that being given moral agency is a great gift. We are agents unto ourselves, and we have the ability to choose! There is power in exercising moral agency. 

Something that has also really struck home is that consistently doing the small and simple things is most important. Regardless of what is happening at the time, of most importance will to do the small and simple things, most of the time without recognition or fanfare, just doing the small and simple things. 

Saturday we went to a baptism, and I was just trying to fix the thing where the hymnbooks go, and I ended up breaking it during the baptism.  

Nice hymnbook holder..... 





Broken hymnbook holder..... Displaying IMG_1572.JPG
And, I'm failing at taking pictures, but I'll try to snap some more selfies to send to you - I know Sammy and Critter are using them as backgrounds for their phones.. :) Just kidding, love ya heaps!

Some other cool things, I am really enjoying teaching. We are teaching a man named Liam who has accepted the baptismal invitation for March 28th. There are quite a few preparations that need to take place, but he can do it! He would be good to include in family prayers. 

Elder Smith is also a great missionary, and one of my most favorite companions. So was Elder Huffman, and he is on facebook as Critter Huffman, just in case you haven't added each other yet. 

I often think of what a blessing it is to serve in this mission, and for how the Lord is doing His own work here. It's His work!

This past week all the Sister gathered together for a Sister's conference, and President Balli and Elder Smith and I spent a couple of hours in the kitchen preparing the food for the conference. It was super fun!

Elder Smith and I often have boiled veggies for lunch. This is one of our plates! Healthy eating! And we go running in the mornings, and we're feeling good.




Sister Reeves also gave us some super nice pens, (and she is super nice too, she's an angel), and they are the BOMB!  

Love ya! Thanks for all you do, you're so great!

No comments:

Post a Comment