Wednesday, June 24, 2015

July 14th 2015

Hello everyone, 

It's been another awesome week! On Tuesday we had zone conference with two other zones which was awesome. Elder Smith and Elder Obeng were there (assistants always go, obviously) and it was AWESOME to see Elder Smith again. I miss being his companion. He is such a good person. It was also good to see President and Sister Balli again, I miss them like crazy. 

During zone conference we reviewed some of the counsel that Elder Cook gave us when he visited the mission. I'm not sure if I talked too much about Elder Cook visiting the mission, but it was awesome. We've had three Apostles visit the mission over the past two years, and each time they come I am so impressed by their testimony. More than anything else, I am so impressed by the way they testify of the Savior. I know we hear them bear testimony in general conference, but it is so powerful in person!

When Elder Bednar came, one thing that he taught was that we didn't need an Apostle to visit to get answers to our questions, and that is so true. He taught us that the Holy Ghost is the true teacher, which is also totally true. But when they bear the testimony, it is so cool. It's been my favorite part of each meeting we have had with them! 

We're teaching a Tuvaluan family with five teenagers. Their dad is less active, and just came back from Tuvalu on Saturday. They're doing okay, we're still trying to help them see the real importance of the gospel. I'm pretty sure they think the church is a good idea, but I'm not so sure they understand that it is Lord's only true church on the earth. As I teach these kids I'm starting to see that I would make a pretty lame seminary teacher. . haha. 

We also found a Samoan family of 8 who accepted the invitation to learn about the gospel. The father of this family is also a less active member! He's from Samoa and doesn't speak English super well, but is a good dad. He has taught his kids not to drink and smoke, and to spend time together as a family. The oldest is 19, and the youngest is 7, four boys and two girls. We have another appointment with them on Saturday. We haven't met the mother yet, but from what I can see they are the kind of family who could really support each other as they learn about the gospel.

Elder Fermanis is doing good, he's a funny missionary. He's a good listener. I'm learning a lot from him. 

Look forward to seeing you soon!! 

Elder Tibbitts

No comments:

Post a Comment