"Wehi!!!"
(to be held in awe)
AWESOME NEW RUGBY BALL!!
THE ZONE
NEW ZEALAND BEAUTY!
"We gave these flowers to a lady who won't let her children be baptized, so we are hoping to soften her up.
haha. It worked!
The girls are set for the 31st of August.
Elder Tibbitts (not holding on with both hands!!!! arrgghh!)
and the One Tree Hill Monument behind him.
The mountain is a sacred memorial place for the Maori people.
"This picture is at 6:45 am, at the top of the hill we ran to."
STEVE
Steve and his Uncle who baptized him
Elder Tibbitts took this picture of the baptismal font,
for his little sister who is getting baptized this December.
Here's a little bit from his most recent email...
Hey,
How the heck is everything? You know how mom said that the area I am serving in is the hardest area? It is, well it was. Our area didn't have hardly any baptisms. The mission goal for each area is 52 baptisms a year, and this last year they had 11. It's been pretty bad. The mission goal is to have 1 baptism a week, or 4 a month. The zone goal is 30 a month and right now we have a possible 10 projected. The area we are serving is, was one of the worst.We have 5 sets of baptisms for the next 4 weeks, which is really crazy I guess. We have had zone leaders and our district leader calling us wanting to know what we are doing to get this going, and we have gone on multiple trade offs with the zone leaders and district leader so they can see what we do in our area.We have factual reasons why things are working, such as working with members and following the rules and things, but I don't think that is why we are prospering so much. As Elder Tascon and I have been talking and as we have attended a zone conference we have had a few thoughts:1. God called Joseph Smith to restore the church and gave him priesthood keys.2. President Monson holds those keys.3. President Lekias has been set apart by those keys and holds keys himself.4. President Lekias has set the standard of 4 baptisms a month for every area.5. If the priesthood keys say it is to be done, then the Lord will provide the way.It reminds me of Alma 37, by small and simple things. But also in verse 44, the words of Christ will point us toward an "eternal bliss" or a "promised land". A lot of the times throughout the week I start thinking, "oh shoot, we aren't talking with enough people or using our time as wisely as we ought or something" and I start to try to take matters into my own hands, but trying to make sure I'm doing everything I can. Whenever this happens, we have so little success. When Elder Tascon and I sort of relax, (I don't know a better way to describe it than to relax) and just be good Elders, miracles occur. All we really have done is had faith that if the Lord has called President Lekias, and President Lekias has a standard, then the Lord will provide a way to accomplish that standard. And He has constantly just put people in our path. All the time.I'm experiencing less and less anxiety, but we aren't being perfect missionaries! Sometimes we don't reach the goals we are setting. Sometimes we leave the flat 5 minutes late. Sometimes we laugh too much. But we just believe that the Lord will place those people in our paths if we are trying and He has."
"Miracles are everywhere to be found when priesthood callings are magnified. When faith replaces doubt, when selfless service eliminates selfish striving, the power of God brings to pass His purposes. Whom God calls, God qualifies." --President Thomas S. Monson
No comments:
Post a Comment