Monday, March 31, 2014

Hey, do any of you know Destry Freed? From Morgan? Turns out she got called to the New Zealand Auckland Mission, she came in last transfer, AND I'M HER ZONE LEADER! It was the weirdest thing ever seeing her. I was like...?? Hey Sister Freed, are you who I think you are? Turns out she was!! So tell the Freed's their daughter is in my Zone. haha!! 













My lesson learned this week is of the necessity of daily individual and family prayer and scripture study. have you watched the "I'll go where you want me to go" clip from the Work of Salvation? 


There are a lot of parallels in that clip! The church was brilliant to make it! 

1. Prepare Spiritually
2. Ask the Lord for opportunity to serve
3. Act in love as the Spirit directs (which we can feel because we studied and prayed that morning)
4. Thank the Lord for the opportunity, and ask for another! 

I think President Eyring gives a talk sometime with similar steps. 

Love  ya! 

See you next week! 



March 23rd Email 
(delay in posting due to technical difficulties...)

Yo yo!

Another week has gone, slipped right through my fingers. Click! and it's gone! The time is far spent, there is little remaining to publish glad tidings by sea and by land. 

We had a baptism this week, but I forgot to take pictures, and my camera is in "Elder Tascon's fix-it shop"at the moment, and will likely be fixed soon. He also fixed my glasses when they broke. He's the man! 

We are working with a lot of people who are suffering the consequences of living contrary to the commandments, and it is hard to see. We have 5 different individual investigators who are in pretty bad places because growing up, they chose to leave their families and spend time doing things that bring momentary happiness. So! We've got to watch our thoughts, and words, and deeds! It has opened my eyes to the necessity of the commandments. The cool thing is that as soon as these people want relief, it's available for them (and me) as soon as they (and I) are willing to change! Whoo!

I'm learning some Samoan, mostly because there are about a billion Samoans in Otara. They make food called cocoa samoa, and cocoa rice.  I can't take it. But whenever they give it to me, I just smile and say "Seki-seki!" and gobble it down. haha!! 

Last night we had a member who fed us a good old fashioned meat and potatoes. BOMB! 

So Samoans have this saying right before you leave, "Manuia le po!", which means "have a good night." Elder Brown told me it was "Manuia le povi!", which means "have a good cow." hahaha. And so, acting under blind faith, shouted out to Bishop and his family two days ago, "Manuia le povi!", to which everyone went hysterical, it was awesome. 

I'm so excited whenever I think Jedd is coming to Hamilton! I can see the MTC from my area, and everytime I see it, I think that it is so dang awesome that he'll be there in three months! I'm stoked!! I think I'm going to send him a ton of letters while he's there. HOW COOL!! I've also been hearing that heaps of others have been getting mission calls. Who else has been getting them? 

I learned how to do a buzz-cut fade hairstyle, not with me, but I cut Elder Brown's hair for him. Best white boy hair-cutter around! But I did learn how, I'll practice on Hyrum someday. 

In other news, I'm losing weight. I don't know how or why, because in Otara we are fed so very much! To maximum capacity! 

Paradise! haha! 




No comments:

Post a Comment