Sunday, March 2, 2014


Yo!

 ****We asked Elder Tibbitts if time is going fast now

Does time go fast?
Yes time goes fast. My thoughts are that the first area you serve in feels like an eternity, but after that everything starts to click by. Time goes by way faster than at home. It's just click, Monday, click Thursday, click back at church on Sunday, and click its Thursday again, and then it's been three weeks! 

There is a missionary saying that goes, "Days feel like weeks and weeks feel like days." It's true!

The weather has been good, of course, and really hot. But it's starting to get cold in the mornings which means that fall is about to start, which is throwing me for a loop because I can't get out of my mind that April means spring. And General Conference is a month away! Holy smokes! That feels like yesterday that we had the last one, but it was really 5 months ago!! 

And so you've met Romeo and Masiu. The two dudes who are waiting for their mission calls, and come with us 7 days a week. They're funny. Romeo is funny, and Masiu can sing. He sings to all the people we teach, and it melts their hearts and then we smash them! 



And last night was the 8-month mark! So, I've been reflecting on it. Well, mostly just one night. (I had an ingrown toenail and shoved some cotton in it, but couldn't fall asleep until like midnight because of the thing) I've been thinking of how fast everything has happened. Even though when I first got to Onehunga, I never thought I was going to make it alive. And pretty soon I'll be halfway. I've also thought about all the missionaries I knew who have now gone home. And when I first met them, they still had nearly a year left to go! 

I've also been thinking of all the boys in Morgan (and now Jed) ***Jed is Elder Tibbitts' cousin who has just been called to serve in the Hamilton New Zealand Mission!!!.... who are going to head out soon. And this is going to be a tender time for them. And pretty soon they'll be at their one year mark, and I'll be home! How weird is that? 

One thing I've noticed throughout all this "reflecting" is that I try to hurry up and get to the next landmark. If I can get through the transfer, then it's only a few more transfers, and so on and so forth. Well, I've made it through a few transfers and I sort of wish I hadn't tried to hurry up through it all.  

Dang I wish Jed was coming here. I probably wont get a chance to see him. Dang! It's so cool! 


 I bought Nike cleats. And I bought them about a month ago. I was trying so hard to buy Adidas, but I succumbed. This is the problem!  The only good Adidas cleats are the really expensive ones. They're the best in the world. But, if the rest of us normal folk wanna get a good cleat we can afford, we've gotta hit up Nike. 

And the cleats look sweet. HYPERVENOM!! hahaha






And this is Elder Tascon, the legend. (He lives in the same flat with Elder Tibbitts and Elder Brown)  Him and I have served around each other the entire time I've served a mission, except the three months I was with Elder Cray. 


There is an awesome restaurant  called Burger Fuel and it's the best!!! It's expensive. So we ate there! 





So this is what everyone does in New Zealand... pulls a trailer with a car. Everyone does it. We do it every six weeks for transfers. All these little Carolla's are hooked up with trailers. Maybe dad wasn't so crazy. 



These bugs are so annoying. They look pretty nasty too. a locust!! 




I love ya heaps and hope you're doing well. I hear that mom is learning to make otai!! 
gonna sass it up in rugby today. I'll take some pictures! 

Love ya! 




No comments:

Post a Comment