Last night we taught some investigators about receiving their own answer to the book of mormon, and they finally understood that in order to know the Book of Mormon is true, they've got to pray about it. It was a moment of understanding for them, and it was awesome. The spirit was present.
Another time this week we pulled over to the side of the road to talk with one of our part member families and the father admitted to us that he was having a hard time accepting life after death and eternal families. We asked some good questions and listened to him, and we were able to bear testimony of the reality of eternal families and life after death.
The assistants came for a trade off this week and did the baptismal interview for Andy, and Andy cried during the interview. He's a gentle man.
I am really growing close to the people in this area. I know almost all of them by name, and have visited nearly every house, shack, bach, flat, and mobile home in the area. I know everyone's genealogy pretty well, probably better than most of the people here know it. I know who is related to who, and who their ancestors are, and why they are important to Whangaruru. I LOVE THESE PEOPLE WITH ALL MY HEART.
I was able to speak at a Marae again this week, the funeral of a less active woman we had met a few times. I love speaking on Maraes.
Elder Larson and I are really starting to be great friends. I wish I would have been more chirstlike and loving to my other companions, I would have gotten along with them much better. The reason I have issues with companions is mostly because I am being selfish.
Our relationship with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ is most important. More important than our relationships with our own family!
Superficiality isn't happiness! Genuineness is happiness, and hard work, and love. Above all real christlike love!
We've had so many other teaching opportunities with so many other good experiences, and I don't think I'll have time to ever tell them all. I know that the happiest we will ever be is when we are lost in the service of Heavenly Father's children, and when we love Him.
"Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these
my brethren, ye have done it unto me.”
No comments:
Post a Comment