Sunday, October 19, 2014

October 5th

Kia ora! :) 

How's it going? We've had an awesome week so far! 

Tuesday night we traveled down to Auckland for MLC and stayed with the zone leaders in Harbour. It's always fun to take trips to Auckland, and the past two MLC's we've gotten up at 5 am to play touch rugby for an hour and a half before MLC. hahah! There was a time a few weeks ago that I slept on the floor for 4 nights in a row. It doesn't matter where I sleep, or how I sleep, I always have enough to work the next day. It's a mini-miracle of missionary work! 

MLC was good, but we didn't get to hear from President very much. We had a few speakers come to inform us about new things in the mission, and President didn't have too much time. Tomorrow we have interviews with him!! 

Yesterday at church there were 11 non-members who attended because of 4 baby blessings that took place. A less-active grandmother came back to church and wanted all her grandchildren to be blessed, and so the whole family came! It was awesome! While we were at church we had an older woman introduce us to her 18 year old granddaughter. We went over to her house later that day, and her grandma asked us, "How many lessons does Tara need to take before she gets baptized?" (There are 5 lessons), and she responded, "Perfect! She's here for 6 more days, and we can have one lesson a day and then a baptism on her last day!" So we'll see if she is going to get baptized in a week, haha! It was a mini miracle! 

Andy Snowdine is also doing really well, he's preparing to be baptized and confirmed on Saturday in between the afternoon and Priesthood sessions. 

We're also using family history tons!! Because the people here are really into genealogy work, family history is the PERFECT link in. 

It's pretty sad to hear about JoAnne and Glen, but it is SO AWESOME that they are going out together! What a blessing!!  

(JoAnne and Glen Allgood are our dear friends who are both expected to die soon, we adopted them as our Grandparents in Morgan)





This is an email Elder Tibbitts sent to Glen and JoAnne before they passed away:

 Hello JoAnne and Glen! 

This is Elder Tibbitts, and I send my love to both of you. You have been two WONDERFUL examples to me, and I love you so very much. I have thought that  the things that I have seen in your family are the same things that I want to have in my own future family. I don't think I'll be able to tell you how thankful I really am for the sacrifices you have made in behalf of me and my family. They have been so worth it.  

Some of the times I have felt the Spirit strongest have been with you in your home. I would definitely say that one of the best examples I have seen is of you, Glen, as you took care of your wife. I will always remember the first time I met you, and mistaking your pretzel stick for a cigar. Classic! 


Things are so great in New Zealand, and the work of the Lord is so real. He is involved in our lives, and he does love us! We are eternal beings, and we will continue to learn. I love you so much!















No comments:

Post a Comment