Sunday, December 7, 2014

November 23rd

Hey everyone, how are you all?

We have had an awesome week so far, just going backwards and beginning with Sunday and working towards Monday. 

Yesterday a member of the Bishopric asked us if we could take the Sacrament to a member of the ward who was in the hospital. I love going to hospitals, and I'm not sure why haha! I think I feel that way because the people in hospitals are really humble because of their circumstances. Whatever their background, rich or poor, or educated or not, they are all in their hurting for some reason, and nobody is treated better than the other because of prestige or position. Anyways, we were going to give Sister Hopkins the Sacrament and as we are walking to her room a member from Whangarei stake comes up to us, recognizes me, and asks if we can give her sister a blessing who is also in the Hospital. We say yes, and she said she'll meet us up in the hospital room after we give the sacrament to Sister Hopkins. We keep walking towards Sister Hopkins room and as we do, we meet another member in the elevator who asks us to give his dad a blessing, who is also in the hospital! We said we would as soon as we finish giving the Sacrament to Sister Hopkins and the blessing to this other woman. 

We got to Sister Hopkins room and managed to give her and her husband the sacrament literally moments before they took her in for an operation. If I understand correctly, she has stomach cancer and was in a lot of pain. It was perfect timing for her to take the Sacrament and then be off! The Lord sent us there just when He needed us. I very easily can write that off as a coincidence, that we just happened to be there on time, or I can trust that the Lord put is there when He needed us there! 

We left Sister Hopkins' room to go give the other lady a blessing. Her name was familiar to me, and when I heard it I was pretty sure that I had met her a year ago in Onehunga! I was right! The woman in the hospital was named Iona Marsh, and she was actually the very first person I met on my very first day in the mission field. She was the first house that Elder Tascon and I went to, and the first real-life teaching experience I had as a missionary. During the whole time I was in Onehunga we would visit often with Sister Marsh, and she actually came to church a few times. I didn't realized just how much I cared for her until I saw her yesterday. She wasn't doing to well, and if I heard her family right, she had to have her legs amputated. We gave her a blessing, and said a prayer with her family. It was an awesome experience. 

Sunday Elder Park and I spoke in Sacrament with Elder and Sister Perron. That was fun! 

Saturday night we taught a lesson to a Tongan man and his wife who are two great people. I know the husband's name is Helmut, but I'm not too sure about the wife's name. We met him about a month ago on the first or second day of the transfer while we were talking with people in the street. We've tried to catch him off and on for the past month, and I just felt strongly that we needed to go to his house that evening. It wasn't any large, impressive feeling, but it just felt right. We went and asked a few questions, and then bore our testimonies about eternal families and then invited him to be baptized! He said yes, but that he needed to talk with his wife about a specific date. We have our next lesson with them on Thursday, and if all goes well, we'll set them with a baptismal date then.

We watched the Joseph Smith movie with an investigator who is Chinese and has about as many questions as there are people in China! She asks away! She's pretty sincere, but just wants to have an answer for all things! haha! She said that after watching the Joseph Smith movie, she felt inspired by Joseph Smith, but that she didn't want to join the church. We were like, "What..? hahah!" So we'll just keep teaching her take it one step at a time. She came to church and sat behind Elder Park and I, and halfway through the meeting she leaned over to us and said, "You two look like you are two gays!" and then started giggling to herself. She thinks it's just hilarious that the church is against gay marriage, but that Elder Park and I live together. hahaha. Oh man.. 

Elder Park was a crossfit coach before the mission, and so for the past month we've been doing crossfit exercises in the mornings. They're awesome! If Jake or Hyrum or even Anna can get into a crossfit class, I'd recommend it! It's just a fun way to work hard and get stronger! 

Aman is doing so well. We have permission from President to move forward with her baptism this week even though she's only been to church twice. She's so great! 

Missionary work is so great, and I wouldn't be anywhere else. I know this work is true! 





No comments:

Post a Comment