Sunday, December 14, 2014

Yes, it's been a good week. We go on a lot of trade offs with zone leaders and this past week we went back up north and I got to go work in my old area in Whangarei. It was so cool! On the way up I kept having thoughts saying that I didn't serve well enough in my past areas, and when I go on trade offs there, I'll see all the things I did wrong and all the places I didn't work hard enough in, and that caused a fair bit of anxiety. But it was a great experience. Once we got into the area I didn't really feel a lot of anxiety, it was all just leading up to it. I sometimes feel the same about the other areas. 

It's been fun to be an assistant! I love everything about it, but sometimes I wonder why the heck President called me! Yes, I know the answer is because of revelation and inspiration, but I still wonder why the heck it happened. I know that there are missionaries who would be a way more effective assistant than I would. And, usually a new assistant has two transfers to learn everything before he becomes the senior companion and trains a new assistant, but Elder Huffman is going home on January 5th, and so that gives me 5 weeks to learn what I need to learn and get ready to train a new assistant!  I love it, things are getting easier. Elder Huffman is a great missionary and we get along really really well. I love him.

Love ya heaps! Remember the parable of the pearl in the box, it isn't the box that is important, it's the pearl! 

Love you, and talk to you soon! I'll think of you as we go to the temple this week! 

Elder Tibbitts
(not really sure what is going on in this picture....)


(at home, we often found 
him in this position under the table, 
after working late into the night on his homework...)




No comments:

Post a Comment