Sunday, May 31, 2015

May 17th 2015

Hey family! 
It's been such a wonderful week. 

This week we went back up north on trade offs with the zone leaders up there, up in Whangarei and in their area in Whangaruru. I love that area so much. The people there weren't too receptive while I was there, but I sure love those people. Most of them were less active, or they had family who were members of the church. I feel such a connection to those people!

Transfers is next week! I'm leaving the office and moving to Henderson stake, and I am excited! My companion is Elder Fermanis from New Zealand. So Thursday I'll be in a new area with a new companion. I will sure miss Elder Smith, but I look forward to being able to serve. 

Sorry for the lateness of the hour, but today we went golfing with Elder Nielsen, 2nd councilor in the area presidency! He's a member of the first quorum of the Seventy and really cool. He had a free Monday today and said he'd go golfing with us. I'm still a pretty bad golfer, but I sure had a good time just being with him. He then took us over to his home and his wife (Sister Nielsen) had some lunch ready for us. It was really so nice of them to do that for us. It was AWESOME! The people here are so kind, and they are willing to give everything for others. 

I've been feeling really good. I have been learning about the power of serving. I've really had some cool insights from Mosiah 4 and Isaiah 58 (the chapter President Eyring uses in his conference talk). 

Something that I love and I think about so often is what President shares about repentance, that the most important act in all of history is the Atonement. Because that is true, the most important thing we can do is repent, and then invite others to do so also. I have felt so much happiness through repentance.

Thank you for all your help and prayers, I sure love you! 
Elder Tibbitts


No comments:

Post a Comment